You need to be at least 18 years old to be a customer.
Pricing and Descriptions
Prices for goods and services are stated on the secure payment form that you complete
The price that you have paid will be shown on the email receipt that you will receive on completing the form.
Some goods will be available to collect on the first day of the show or they will be dispatched to you prior to the show. This will be detailed in your email receipt.
Discount codes must be used at the time of booking.
Group booking discounts must be made on the same day, from the same company.
Order Errors and Cancellations
All products are subject to availability.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Cancellation Policy for Conference Bookings
* This cancellation policy does not apply to Exhibition Sales Orders
We must receive all cancellations in writing prior to the event. The following information indicates the timescale and monies due for different cancellation periods.
More than 30 days prior to the event – full refund/no payment due.
More than 14 days and up to 30 days prior to the event – 50% refund and 50% payment due.
14 days or less prior to the event – no refund/full payment due.
Substitutions can be made in writing up to seven days prior to the event.
We may on occasion send you emails and marketing material about our events or publications.
Trans-Global Events do not accept liability for any loss of, or damage to, the personal effects of attendees to the events.
We reserve the right to cancel, defer or modify the event proceedings without prior notice.
It is in our interest to resolve any complaints as soon as they occur.
We will personally deal with all complaints as soon as possible, acknowledging your complaint within 48 hours and keeping you informed of our progress throughout the complaints procedure.
If you have a complaint, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Methods of Payment
You can make a secure payment by credit card using our Secure Server.
You can pay using the following credit cards:
- VISA Credit
- VISA Electron
- VISA Debit/Delta
- American Express
All of the credit card information sent to Trans-Global Events Ltd travels through a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) ‘pipeline’. The information goes from your computer to our secure server. SSL is the most advanced security measure available.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
We, Trans-Global Events Ltd (incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company registration No.11575940) and whose registered office is at 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1AG, United Kingdom is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”) sets out how we will treat your personal information and will inform you as to how we deal with personal information we obtain from you and how you may remove it.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under Registration Number ZA470785.
This Policy only relates to the collection, protection, disclosure and use of personal data belonging to individuals who visit www.trans-globalevents.com (“our Site”) or who otherwise provide us with their personal information. It does not relate to data which emanates from companies or other entities, although the general principles regarding our collection and use of data is broadly the same irrespective of whoever is the user of our website, or our customer. We will use your information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
This Policy has been prepared to meet the requirements of all relevant laws and regulations relating to data protection, whether local, national or supranational, including (i) the Data Protection Act 2018 (ii) the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (iii) all applicable requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK and then (iii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 2018 and also The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, (the “Acts”).
By clicking the “Got It” button on the drop-down banner that will appear on the first page you enter on our Site you signify your acceptance of our Cookies Policy set out at Clauses 3 to 5 in this document. Please note that this banner will only appear the first time you enter the Site.
By providing your personal information to us, you agree that we may collect and use all personal information you provide to us in the ways described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, please do not provide personal details to us.
Please note that we may need to update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law. Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version and are happy with any changes.
This Policy was last revised on 18 October 2018.
Is it secure to give my credit card details over the internet?
Our site uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and credit card details. In this way, information passed between your computer and us cannot be read in the unlikely event of someone intercepting it.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We take the following major credit and debit cards: VISA, VISA Credit, VISA Electron, VISA Debit/Delta, Mastercard, Solo, American Express. Unfortunately, we cannot accept cheques, cash or postal orders on this web site. If you wish to use one of these payment methods, please contact us using the details below:
Trans-Global Events Ltd.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1306 743744
Fax: +44 (0) 1306 742525
What if I cannot find the answer to my question here?
Answers to the most common questions should appear here. If your question does not appear here, please email us at: email@example.com
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- It is your choice whether or not to provide us with personal information. Personal information (or ‘personal data’) means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- The information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to:
- personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, job title, fax number, your preferences for receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences that you may provide to us by filling in forms on our Site or at any of our events, or if you request information from us or when telephoning us;
- correspondence, or a record of it if you should contact us;
- details of your visits to our Site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access;
- surveys that we use for research purposes, which we may ask you to complete, although you do not have to respond to them.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please advise us if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
- We may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us by opting in or out of receiving promotional offers. In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, for example, when we are administering a transaction requested by you, or if we are satisfying a legal requirement.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Ways in which you may be providing us with personal information include, for example,
- registering on our Site;
- contacting us with an enquiry;
- signing up to receive a magazine, or to attend one of our events;
- contacting us for more information about our events or magazines;
- requesting us to forward your contact details to one of our advertisers;
- reporting a problem.; and/or
- giving us some feedback.
- The information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to, data concerning traffic on our Site, location data, weblogs and other communication data, (whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer, collection and processing of such personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- IP ADDRESSES & COOKIES
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- You can learn more about the cookies we use below.
- MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
- Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
- The cookies we use on this site are:
2 years from set/update
30 mins from set/update
End of browser session
|Description: Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the__utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
6 months from set/update
- If you wish to know how to delete or manage the cookies we have set, please refer to allaboutcookies.org
- The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing (attacat.co.uk), a marketing agency based in Edinburgh.
- HOW TO DISABLE/ENABLE COOKIES
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You can find out how to do this by clicking here. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Site if cookies are disabled.
- You also have the ability to delete cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. To do this you should search for “cookies” in your “Help” function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
- To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On which is compatible with all major browsers by clicking on this link – http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and following the instructions.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION BY US
- We will only use personal information collected from you for the purposes for which it was collected (or for related purposes), to provide specific services that you request and to provide additional services that may be of interest to you, or in the following circumstances:
- Ease of Use – To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Transactional Purposes – To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to respond to your queries and requests, maintain your accounts and manage transactions, such as credit card payments for any products that you order from us, or for the fulfilment of such transactions.
- Communication – For example, to call you to confirm your registration details or to discuss your involvement in our events or your subscription to our magazines, or to notify you about changes to information we place on our Site or to our services.
- Marketing Communications– We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services, give you information and regular updates on our magazines and events depending on which brands you have subscribed to/registered for. You can expect to receive emails from us once in a while, and also some hard copy mail to give you more information about any magazine or event you have registered interest for; and we may also use your personal information for our own internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our Site.
- Compliance – To comply with a legal duty or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
- Legitimate Interests – Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and when your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by any adverse impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Any information or statistics relating to our business that we disclose to others shall not identify you personally. We may, for example, perform statistical analyses of the behaviour of the users of our website in order to measure interest in the various areas of our Site. This information, and any other general information about our users that we share with others, will not contain personal information about you.
- We will not, under any circumstances, sell your personal information to anyone else.
- CHANGE OF PURPOSE
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom.
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- OPTING OUT
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the Site and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by sending an email to us at email@example.com or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events Ltd at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Our Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- All personal information we collect from you is stored on secure servers.
- The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If your personal information is shared, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information because we require third parties to respect the security of your data and to take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in line with this Policy.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, and for the uses set out in this Policy. Where have no legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, we will not hold your personal information for more than 5 years from our last submission of data to us. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information from your submission of data to us, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- DISCLOSURE BY US OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties to whom you have provided your consent in order that they will be able to prepare or send communications to you,
- to assist us in connection with any of our administrative or business functions, (including, but not limited to warehousing and delivery, marketing and advertising and credit card and data processing) or in the provision of any of our services and/or products to you.
- to the auditing organisation ABC, so that they can verify `aggregated statistics about circulation and usage of our products or review our policies, processes and procedures for compliance with relevant standards. ABC will never share your personal information with anyone.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- if Trans-Global Events Ltd., or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- DATA SECURITY
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- How can I access the information that you hold about me?
Under the GDPR you have the right to access information we hold about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) free of charge. If you would like a copy of this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events Ltd at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom.
- What if I don’t want you to hold my information any more?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by marking your preferences on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events Ltd at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom.
- Can I change the information you hold about me?
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events Ltd at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Under certain circumstances you also have the right to:
- Request access to the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
- Request erasure of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have validly exercised your right to object to processing (see the provision below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party.
If you want to contact us with regards to the information we hold about you as above, please do so by emailing us email@example.com or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events Ltd at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND TO YOU
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of separate requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or by telephone at 0303 123 1113.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Data Controller, Trans-Global Events at Abinger House, Church Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DF, United Kingdom.